Friday, November 6, 2009

Battle Bell Peppers!

So this weekend, the secret ingredient for my challenge is:  Bell Peppers!  Susan got me 3 peppers, an orange, a red, and a yellow bell pepper.  The possibilities are endless, but already, I've got some ideas. 

I have always loved roasted bell peppers, so I'm thinking of roasting the red pepper, then putting it into the food processor with some garlic and olive oil, and making a sort of roasted pepper coulis.  I bet that would go great over some sauteed chicken thighs.  I could even put the coulis in the pan I cooked the chicken in, and make a nice pan sauce.  But what to do with the other peppers?  I'm betting those would be awesome cooked down with some onion in olive oil and oregano, until they were nicely caramelized, then served over pasta with ricotta and parmesan cheese.  Or, I could serve that over polenta.  There's also this recipe in Lynn Rosetta Kasper's "The Italian Country Table" that has this great recipe that I've always wanted to try involving braised peppers with pork and polenta.

Or, maybe I could caramelize the peppers and onions, then pile them on top of the ricotta cheese in a tart shell, and make a pepper tart. 

Dang, this is gonna be harder than I thought...

More tomorrow after I cook something.

No comments:

Post a Comment