Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grilled Eggplant + Chickpeas = Yum!

So I did largely what I described in my last post. I dumped the grilled eggplant in the Cuisinart, 2 cloves of garlic, and a can of drained chickpeas. Swirled in some olive oil, and blended for about 30 seconds. Gave my wife Susan a taste, and she astutely suggested some lemon juice. Threw in about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, copious salt and freshly ground pepper, some more olive oil, and blended for another 30-45 seconds. The result was a very nice flavor, with the smoky grilled eggplant coming through very nicely.

My pita bread puffed very nicely, and we had a nice dinner with the warm pita bread, the eggplant/chickpea mixture, and browned hamburger (with garlic and just a hint of cinnamon) on top. Add a nice Beringer Pinot Noir, a little jazz in the background, and it was very, very nice.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm, tasty! Thanks for taking on the challenge, Iron Chef!

    ReplyDelete